The Healthcare you receive is at NO COST to you.
Apismellis Homecare for Homebound Seniors
Apismellis Homecare is a home healthcare company offering homecare services to homebound seniors and adults. Our homecare company employs a team of highly trained nurses and therapists who offer a wide range of services including treatment and education for those returning home from the hospital following an injury, illness, or surgery, as well as for individuals living with chronic diseases. These homecare services are available on an intermittent basis to individuals who have received a physician's order for the specific services. Our homecare services include both treatment and education that provide patients with increased independence while helping individuals who are recovering from illnesses or injuries and learning to live with chronic illnesses.
Candidates for Homecare Services
If you are interested in learning if our homecare services may be the right choice for you or a loved one, we have listed some common identifiers of a homecare candidate below. For additional qualification information for our home healthcare services view our page for Patients and Families or contact one of our home health agencies.
A candidate for Apismellis Homecare services is someone who:
- Is of advanced age
- Lives alone or with an elderly spouse
- Encounters frequent or repeated hospitalizations
- Is returning from a prolonged hospital stay
- Has received a new diagnosis or undergone a recent surgery
- Received a Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) diagnosis
- Suffers from a chronic illness
- Suffers from unstable or newly diagnosed diabetes
- Is recovering from a fracture or injury and requires therapy
- Is planning to undergo, or has recently undergone total hip or total knee replacement surgery
Apismellis Homecare Services
Apismellis offers a number of homecare services including therapy, treatment, assessment, and education for homebound patients requiring medical treatment. These services are available from our St. Louis, Missouri Home Care Agency, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Home Care Agency, Parker, Arizona Home Care Agency, and Big River, California Home Care Agency. To learn more about any of these services for you, a family member, or a patient, please contact Apismellis Homecare at any of our home health agencies.
Our available homecare services include:
- Physical or Occupational Therapy for patients requiring Rehabilitative Therapy following an accident or injury.
- Speech Rehabilitative Therapy for patients recovering from a major stroke or serious head injury.
- Wound Care, Dressing Change, Medication Management, and other services provided by General Medical / Surgical Homecare Nurses.
- Education and routine care from Specialty and Skilled Nurses for patients with urinary catheters or colostomies.
- Patient and Family Education for managing and living with chronic diseases and recognizing specific signs and symptoms that signify the exacerbation of the disease provided by General Medical / Surgical Homecare Nurses or Mental Health Nurses.
- IV infusion services such as education, administration, and management of IV administered medications.
- Personal care and hygiene related services provided by Home Health Aides.
- Counseling for the social, economic, and emotional aspects of developing and performing a medical treatment plan provided by master's prepared Medical Social Workers.
- Dietitian and Nutritional Support services for patients who are medically required to follow new diet plans such as low sodium, low cholesterol, and low fat diets.
- TeleHelath Nursing Services that allow nurses to monitor a patient's chronic disease and medical condition daily from the comfort of the patient's own home.
- Total Joint Replacement Therapy programs for individuals who are planning to undergo total hip or knee replacement surgery.
Why Choose Apismellis Homecare?
We respect Senior's choices. We value their input and take it into consideration when developing their care plan. We offer our homecare services with compassion, and have only dependable and trustworthy caregivers.